18.3.20

Estupidia nervosa

Special K: I've been offered a COVID-19 test. I'm not sure whether to take it.

b1-66er: Who offered it?
It doesn't really matter...
Because you either have it or you don't...
If you do, it's not going to change your behavior at all...
If you don't, then you know you didn't as of, what, 4 days ago?...
Then what?  You take it again some other time?...
No fever. 
No cough. 
No symptoms. 
NO TEST. 

Special K: I signed up for G's new trial service, just to see what would happen.
I was shocked to find they accepted me and said I could get tested.
They are only testing healthy people.
(I think)
To see how prevalent it really is.
That is, asymptomatic people.

b1: Ah.

K: I'm strongly leaning toward not going. I don't need a trip to a clinic when I'm not feeling any symptoms.
Is it un-civic or unpatriotic of me not to go?
If I have it, am I harming my family by not going?

b1: No one gets a staph infection at home. 
You're vectoring through the world. 

K: I figure if I don't go, someone else will take my place, so they'll get the data they're looking for.

b1: The ONLY reason I could think of going -as you- is you're in the higher risk group...
But the answer means nothing relative to your behavior. 
Pass.
You've got the dog and mail truck problem...
What do you do now that you've caught it?
AND THINK AHEAD ON APPLYING FOR STUFF FOR CHRISSAKES. 
Don't do things just to see if you can get it. 
I slit two different throats over my interviewing career of people who were doing that for jobs I had open...
Snidely Straight Neck used to do that. 
Absolutely despicable. 

K: I saw somebody online who applied and was rejected. I assumed that would happen to me too.

b1: That's lame. 
"I saw some guy get turned down buying black tar heroin in five points so I thought I'd try. 
I did it. 
Now what do I do?"

K: My family agrees with you.
<ed: TXTing is a spectator sport at the K household during lockdowns>

b1: Coronavirus has made you ill. 

K: No doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

sure, you can comment -- but why?