9.2.15

an imperfect reflection of my raspberry

special K: Most of those philanthropists are in tech - but more should be.
Zuckerberg just gave $75M to SF General Hospital.
The 3 biggest hospitals in SF now have tech guy names on them.

b1: good.
my brother thinks the SV should build highways to where there are never traffic jams...
"they have an infinite amount of money, they should just solve the problem.  6 deck highways?  okay!  whatever it takes."

K: Pretty much.

b1: so why don't they fix it?  it would save the companies money.

K: More are doing it. Marc Benioff and Gates are shaming others into it.
I don't know why they haven't before.

b1: everyone had such a hate on for bill gates...but we live in the future now...he's actually the good guy ...
and AAPL has become what everyone said Microsoft was going to become.

K: The loser now will be later to win.

b1: I don't even know what that means, but okay.

K: It's a Dylan quote SJ used at the Mac intro.

b1: I don't like him either.

K: Next line is "for the times they are a-changin "

b1: maybe I should switch to a windows phone.

K: They're well-reviewed.

b1: yeah.  no apps.

K: But how many do you need?

b1: they're a MUCH more stand-up company than AAPL these days. 
I've got no problem with android/G but it's a world of bedlam and no cohesion.
so very Rubin.

K: Perfect founder reflection.

b1: "imperfect." 
that's THE key word of your statement.

K: Yes, thanks.

b1: VERY rarely you come up with a concept/idea that is so perfect and pure that it justifies me listening to the rest of your flotsam...
it provides me nourishment and sustenance for my journey through life.
it is your greatest asset as a friend...
but goddamn.  next life I'm going to bring a bottle of Gatorade with me.

K: Grape.

3 comments:

  1. i went back and read the original transcript from ((GR)) and he didn't say, "imperfect reflections." he said, "perfect."

    for YEARS i've been misquoting him because i've remembered it wrong.

    i like my version of the past better. i'm keeping it.

    he doesn't remember anyway.

    ReplyDelete

sure, you can comment -- but why?