13.1.11

SONIC solitude

b1: have you seen the new SONIC 'blog yet?
***
K: I only skimmed so far. I was impressed at the detail. I'll read in
full later (after work deadline).
***
b1: i need you to mention it on foodisworse. for G purposes, make sure
to use the word SONIC in the title and in the link.
***
K: It will be my next post.
***
b1: good boy. when i searched on SONIC this AM, i saw a new G thing,
where down my search page it said something like "friends in your social
network have this to say about SONIC."

it's weird, because we definitely talk through email and IM. and we're
probably connected on orkut, although i haven't been on there in years.
but i'm not on FB and we're not connected through G space, or whatever
the hell they call(ed) it.
***
K: Yeah, I hate that. Because I'm not very social.
***
b1: it seems to me like you talk to and like everyone.
***
K: Right. But mostly I hate and fear people.
***
b1: whoa. another thing i didn't know about special K ... moving me to
the next level. in 2 more levels, i will *be* special K.
***
K: Put another way, I'm mostly happier with solitude than with anybody.
***
b1: but how can you say that when you have this huge ego-publicity
monster inside you?
***
K: Maybe because it's impersonal and not intimate. Maybe that's more ok
with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sure, you can comment -- but why?