4.1.11

an armyman of 1

K: Let's try our best not to die.
***
b1: i don't try my "best" ... with no family it's not clear what my
reason is for "hanging on."
***
K: You will die. If I'm alive I will miss you.
***
b1: okay, that makes it easy. you go 1st.
i get your twilight zone collection.
***
K: HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.
It's yours.
***
b1: okay. tell momma and biggy. i don't want any bloodshed at the
wake.
and you KNOW bigg knasty would fight for it.
***
K: He's not into SF.
Funeral. No wake.
***
b1: that makes it easy. tell 'em to leave the house keys out.
***
K: I'll add it to my will.
***
b1: swell.
and don't misspell my last name. you're exactly the type that's capable
of that.
***
K: Not me. 5th place, 1974 Colorado-Wyoming Spelling Bee.
***
b1: huge.
and to think, number 6 still shudders to hear your name ...
... only because she can't remember it doesn't start with a silent K.
***
K: DAMN RIGHT.
Word I missed: frontispiece.
***
b1: ouch. what'd you miss
US
or
PEACE.
... or did you wet your pants from the pressure and get an honorable
discharge from the podium?
***
K: fronticepiece. Which I still think isn't a bad try. Because I didn't
know Latin yet.
***
b1: better than me to be sure ...
although you STILL don't know latin.
(this'll surprise you, but drinking an orange julius doesn't count.)
***
K: Now I'm craving an Orange Julius (named for the great Julius Freed,
one of my people).
***
b1: which 1 of "your" people would that be? the one with a flame
thrower and a mold marking on its base?
***
K: Comedian?
***
b1: that's an army man joke. the ktxt readers will get it, even if you
don't.
you must be sleepy.
***
K: My dad didn't let me play with "dolls".
***
b1: oh, you guys and your worshipping "idols."
***
K: Jew bet.
Goodnight.
***
b1: and it also doesn't fully explain that first sexual experience you
were telling me about a few days ago.
nor the fact that you break your wrist as you talk.
don't go hyper apneaetic in your sleep, pal. you haven't changed that
will yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sure, you can comment -- but why?