25.3.21

Thoughtless prayers

b1-66er: The one thing I didn't ask you about in our phone chat was anything broadly associated with the King Soopers shooting...
(that was b1-67er's grocery store in college.)

Space Kaptain: That KS is right next to a restaurant my infidel friends and I used frequent (pre-pandemic); The Tandoori Grill.
It's extremely disconcerting the Republicans block every sensible measure of gun control.  The perpetrator bought that weapon a few days prior, and was able to do so even though he was known to the FBI.   
It appears no threshold can be broken which would cause the GOP to wake up.  Just as there is no thoughts and prayers  threshold that could cause "God" to intervene on behalf of the innocent victims.  I'm sick of hearing thoughts and prayers platitudes in the place of sensible legislation.
It's maddening!   
On that happy note I'm going to meditate now and try to get back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sure, you can comment -- but why?