16.8.24

They call me, "Bellow Yellow"

Smokey: I've owned this thing for 32 years now.
Left it rotting in my mom's garage for the last 10 years.
Got it all fixed and drivable now.
But want to drive it for a few days before I decide to sell it.

b1-66er: You should.

S: I have someone interested so may just send it on it's way

b1: Where'd you advertise?

S: I didn't. A friend I was talking to knew someone who has been looking for a TR-6 for years
The problem with them (other than the fact that they are unreliable garbage cars) is  when you buy one, you don't know how bad it is.
This one is close to perfect mechanically. Not bad otherwise but not perfect. 
So for a 1974 triumph, on a scale of 1 to 10. This is a 4. And Triumphs top out at 5. 
They are pretty. But it is like a 4 wheeled motorcycle.
You can smell the oil leaking as you drive.
It is part of its charm.

b1: Me: Right. Like a girlfriend who has a lot of polish and curves in all the right places...
... But smokes.


[Pic © 2024 Carbuncle Removing Feats

All rights reserved
Used by permission]

No comments:

Post a Comment

sure, you can comment -- but why?